Lea Sgier is assistant professor of political science at CEU, and lecturer at the Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis and Collection of the University of Essex (UK). Previously she was a lecturer and researcher at the University of Geneva and at the University of Neuchâtel (Switzerland). She holds a PhD in political science from the University of Geneva.
Her research areas are: gender and politics (political representation, gender quotas, citizenship, social policy, LGBT rights), qualitative methodology, discourse analysis. Currently on leave.
Assistant professor, Central European University (CEU) Budapest, Department of Political Science (since August 2010). http://web.ceu.hu/polsci
Honorary lecturer at the Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis and Collection, University of Essex (UK) (since 2007), http://www.essex.ac.uk/summerschool
Scientific collaborator and lecturer, University of Geneva (Switzerland), Department of Political Science
- Lecturer in qualitative methodology
- Scientific coordinator of the CUSO Doctoral Programme in Political Science (2006-10)
- Scientific coordinator of the Master’s Programme in Political Science and of the Master’s Programme in Public Administration (2009-10)
Research fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation (scholarship
“Demain la Suisse”)
Research and teaching assistant, University of Geneva, Department of Political Science
- FNS Project “Value change and new cleavages” (World Value Survey), 1996-1998
- FNS Project « Switzerland in the process of globalisation : instituional transfer in the field of gender equality institutions »
- Participation in the Swiss Electoral Study 1997
- Teachings in political behaviour and introduction to politics (undergraduate seminars)
Click here to find out how can make an appointment with me.