- Hungary’s state secretary of environmental protection, nature conservation and water management
- Adjunct Professor at the Gödöllõ University of Agricultural Sciences (Hungary)
- Post-Doctor Associate at Yale University (1987-89)
former Research Scientist at the Institute of Plant Protection of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- former Advisor on Central European environmental issues at the World Bank in Washington D.C.
- Senior Scientific Advisor to the Director of the Hungarian Institute for Environmental Management (1989-90)
- former Deputy Secretary of State at the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development) Hungary
- Senior Advisor to the Ambassador of the European Union in Hungary on environmental protection (1991-1994)
- Director of Hungarian Environmental Management Training Centre
- Lecturer on Environmental Management and Policy at the University of Horticulture and Food Industry in Budapest
- Fullbright Scholar
- Humphrey Fellow
- former Lecturer at Duke University in Durham, N.C. and at the University of North Carolina.
PhD. Analytical Chemistry
MSc. Chemical Engineering